WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States on Monday announced military aid packages worth more than $43 billion for Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states in an effort to bolster Mideast allies against Iran and others. The United States plans to offer a $13 billion package for Egypt over 10 years and a $30 billion package for Israel over the same period, increases over previous military funding, as well as unspecified defense aid to Saudi Arabia and Gulf states, said U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates along with Israel are likely to receive this package.
It really does not take much of a rocket scientist to pick apart this give away.
- Really, why are we giving money to Israel? We have no reason to provide support. They are not a third world country. Do we provide support for England and France?
- Let me see, Saudi Arabia still teaches Wahhabism which is the form of Islam that most radicals adhere to.
- Now I suppose China will give support to Iran, Syria, Yemen.
- We need to money to reequip our military which over the last 5 years has worn out or had destroyed billions of dollars of equipment.
- If we are going to spend money in the Middle East how about on anything except arms.
Militarily I don’t care what happens to any of those countries. If they ever become a threat to us we can easily turn any of them in to a parking lot. We could spend less money, more effectively by helping to build their infrastructure, provided medical assistance, scholarships for American studies, etc. than providing weapons to non-democratic regimes.
Hey, how about this . . . We take that $30 billion and use it for a “Manhattan Project” on alternatives to oil.